Saturday, December 31, 2011
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Monday, December 26, 2011
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Friday, December 23, 2011
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Labels: Las Vegas holiday travel, Las Vegas New Years Eve 2011/2012, Las Vegas New Years Eve 2011/2012.Las Vegas travel
Sunday, December 18, 2011
Saturday, December 17, 2011
Friday, December 16, 2011
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Monday, December 12, 2011
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Saturday, December 3, 2011
Image courtesy Penarc via Wiki Commons Share Attribution license For budget - minded Vegas visitors who crave a steak or steak combo meal,...
Three Las Vegas casinos with best paying slots
ACORN receives maximum fine for Las Vegas voter registration scheme
Access to and navigation of Vegas strip casino-hotel parking garages can at times resemble swimming upstream depending on traffic volume , s...
The following represents our version of the top 15 blackjack books of all time ( we've actually read all of these and many others ). So...
Flamingo Las Vegas, home of *The Burger Joint which offers some cheap graveyard specials on the Strip; image courtesy Lasvegasvegas.com comm...
Vegas news briefs: President Obama in Vegas, hug record set, and Celine Dion's return to the Strip Posted using ShareThis
Vegas visitor fee hikes and takeaways beyond annoying This blog article originates from a Las Vegas fan /consumer stance and is largel...
Spirit Airlines offering $9 flights from Los Angeles to Las Vegas - National Las Vegas | Examiner.comSpirit Airlines offering $9 flights from Los Angeles to Las Vegas - National Las Vegas | Examiner.com
Vegas nightclubs rule according to Nightclub and Bar magazine Posted using ShareThis
Our Published Articles
- Vegas resort fees
- Top eleven Vegas casino-hotels
- Top ten Vegas buffets
- Diablo's Cantina review
- Fun,weird,and goofy Vegas facts
- Beatle's Love Show review at Mirage - Get Back,Loretta
- Vegas! The Show review
- Beatles Show Tribute review
- Common man's guide to Vegas tipping
- Vegas coupons - sources and tips
- Vegas gambling - house edge,player expectation,and best bets
- Vegas blackjack for novices - why play blackjack?
- Vegas blackjack for novices - game and rule selection
- Vegas blackjack for novices - where to play
- Vegas blackjack for novices - playing for comps
- Where I Play Blackjack In Las Vegas and Why
- Aspects of Playing For Complimentary Gifts (Comps) From Casinos - Enhancing Player Expected Value
- Top 10 Tools for "Cheaper" Las Vegas,NV Trips
- Ten Common Mistakes of Las Vegas,NV Visitors
- Las Vegas, NV Coupons - Sources and General Tips
- Las Vegas freebies for visitors III: Free Attractions
- Las Vegas airfare tips including websites with cheap fare alert services
- 15 Top Las Vegas Values Options
- ► 2014 (44)
- ► 2013 (59)
- ► 2012 (208)
- Las Vegas 14th on America's Drunkest Cities list
- Las Vegas 2011/2012 New Years Eve weather forecast...
- Las Vegas 2011/2012 New Years Eve crowd ordinances...
- Las Vegas 2011 / 2012 New Year's Eve road closure ...
- Las Vegas off - Strip 2011 / 2012 NYE party guide
- Free designated driver service offered in Las Vega...
- George Strait teams with Martina McBride at MGM Gr...
- Colorado man returns $10K found at Vegas airport t...
- Interstate plans from Vegas to Phoenix move along ...
- Las Vegas named top US destination for 2012 travel...
- Massive crowds,sold-out hotels, & big profits pred...
- Vegas Strip hotels help Clean the World efforts
- M Resort boasts "Strip's Best Cocktail Waitresses"...
- Steve Wynn considers casino options in Miami and F...
- Free Las Vegas city parking now available for alte...
- Free AAA Tipsy Tow program offered in Vegas for Ch...
- Anonymous Santa donates a cool million for needy f...
- Las Vegas ranked 3rd on AAA top US holiday destina...
- Penn and Teller offer free show tickets for blood ...
- Cosmopolitan promotion - $100 slot loss rebate for...
- Airlines serving McCarran Airport in Las Vegas
- Justin Bieber performs and donates $100,000 to loc...
- Bellagio fountains in Las Vegas will skip to new t...
- Bellagio named among top ten holiday hotels in the...
- MGM Grand renovation - new full - scale room mocku...
- Impressions from the Vegas Strip - III : hotel - c...
- Rapid - screening airport security program underwa...
- Las Vegas celebrity hosts and parties for New Year...
- Vegas visitation and gaming revenue up, while unem...
- Las Vegas Hilton's new name confirmed
- Southwest and Allegiant airline passengers increas...
- Stranded hiker and his dog rescued at Mt Charlesto...
- Las Vegas home sales 15.3% higher than a year ago
- ▼ December (33)
- ► 2010 (186)
Mostly Useless (and approximate) Las Vegas Facts
1. Number of Las Vegas citizens 500,000
2. Number of Clark County residents 1,500,000
3. Year first casino licensed 1931
4. Number of slot machines in Vegas 200,000
5. Number of annual Vegas visitors 40,000,000 (and dropping)
6. Number of licensed gambling entities 1700
7. Hours per day average visitor gambles 4
8. Annual state gaming revenue 9 billion (and dropping)
9. Average gambling budget per trip 560 (and dropping)
10. Mean price per acre in valley 161,000.00
11. Price per acre on the Strip 11,000,000.00
12. Number of hotel rooms 137,000 +
13. Number of pillowcases washed at MGM daily 15,000
14. Number of doors at MGM 18,000
15. Annual no. toilet paper rolls used at Bally's 1 million
16. Lucky The Clown marquee sign at Circus Circus has
1232 fluorescent bulbs, 14,498 incandescent bulbs, and
3/4 mile of neon tubing light (no wonder they're replacing
17. In good times, Excalibur goes through over 44,000
Cornish game hens, 15 thousand pounds of hamburger
meat, and 4200 pounds of prime rib monthly
18. Caesar's Palace has used 2 million plus maraschino
cherries, 11 thousand ounces of caviar, 2 million ounces
of tomato juice, and close to 600 thousand ounces of
vodka yearly (bloody mary winner?)
19. Mandalay Bay has 5,300 palm trees and their wave pool
has a capacity of 1,640,270 gallons of water
20. Average nightly room rate 119.00 (and dropping)
21. Average number of Vegas weddings per day 300+
22. Number of golf courses 37
23. Miles of neon tubing on the Strip and Downtown 15,000
24. State's nationwide rank in gold production 1st
25. Cost of Nevada marriage license 35.00
26. Average cost of filing for divorce 450.00
27. Average length of stay for visitors 3.7 days
28. Number of hosted conventions annually 3750
29. The electric bill to operate the Luxor pyramid beam is
approximately 55.00 per hour.
30. Las Vegas has 17 of the world's 20 largest hotels
"WHERE'S MY WALLET , ETHEL!? "
Just a cautionary tip when in Vegas.. there are active
pickpockets all over town. I experienced this first-hand
and came within 10 seconds of losing my cash stash last July
while visiting one of those upper end joints on the strip.
I was gambling significantly at a video poker machine, unabashedly slipping C-notes in them. Somebody had been
observing my wagering behavior. I was happily winning at the time and my cautionary tendencies regarding my bankroll
money went south and out the window.
A lady approached me from behind as I played and was all aglow with my run of good luck. She initiated a conversation about nothing and anything . I was concentrating on proper VP strategy and responding to her comments with a lot of "yeah-yeahs". I was fortunate enough to get ahead on the machine again and I cashed out. I had a satchel (I normally never gamble under those conditions) with me that had assorted trip stuff in it. The satchel presence and the relatively high denomination coin-in amount collectively screamed " please rob me!" I placed my wallet in the satchel along with the machine cash-out tickets and proceeded to reconnect with my family and head to our room.
I had developed a sense of cautionary unease as I mulled over the contact with the effusively talkative woman at the VP machine. My senses told me that something about that encounter was skewed, although at the time I didn't know what it was and I wasn't bleeding profusely..yet. My group then proceeded to meander through a very crowded slot machine aisle and some other 6th, 7th, or 8th sense that vaguely detected an impersonal yet succinct encroachment into my personal space kicked in. Instinctively, I immediately dug into the satchel to locate my wallet and it was gone. I then immediately turned around and backtracked about ten feet (a matter of maybe 3 seconds, tops) as my endogenous adrenaline kicked in. I'm not sure that my hair wasn't on fire briefly.
I then spotted my wallet (and life) in a woman's hand who was playing a slot machine. I walked straight at her and demanded it post-haste in a tone that screamed seriousness. I immediately grabbed the wallet and called for security. The woman claimed she picked it up off the floor and so did the man (her accomplice) behind her, both vowing that they were planning to remit it to the security desk. My svelte ass they were.
This team of thieves including the woman who was all goony-googoo at the VP machine were pros. I have to claim part of the blame for the openly careless manner I had displayed with my money. They were held by security and the eye-in-the-sky tapes were to be reviewed.
The good thing is I didn't lose a cent because my peripheral senses kicked in immediately and they didn't have time to bury the evidence ( perhaps they weren't the best of pros?). Take heed folks..these people are everywhere in Vegas. Know where your cash is at all times; take precautions to protect it, don't flaunt it around carelessly as I did, and if you sense something is awry while gambling trust your instincts.
Distractions from one member of a team of thieves is a common MO. Store your gambling session monies in a front pants pocket or in one of those god-awful front-loaded fanny packs (pride be damned). The lesson I learned here after several years of Vegas gambling experiences turned out to be one of the most valuable for me personally.
My Blog List
WEB SITES WE VISIT
- Access Vegas
- American Casino Guide
- Casino Comps
- Cheap Vegas Hotels
- Cheapo Vegas
- Early Vegas
- Frugally Vegas Press Release
- Frugally Vegas Squidoo Lens
- Las Vegas Advisor
- Las Vegas Maps
- Las Vegas Online
- Las Vegas Review Journal
- Las Vegas Sun
- Mexico Hotels
- Mexico Vacation Travels
- Nathan Burton's Comedy Magic Show
- Nevada Magazine
- Prof's Vegas News Blog
- Southwest Airlines
- Southwest Vacations
- Steve's Everything Las Vegas
- Success City Online
- Thrifty Fun
- Trip Advisor
- Vegas Hotel Hunt
- Vegas Mavens
- Vegas Syndicate
- VegasLinks Blog
- WhyGo Las Vegas